Thursday, November 10, 2005

Afternoon quickie

Just some general musings...

I am very pleased with the moderate Republicans in the House and Senate finally being able to exert a little bit of pressure on the right wing. I can only imagine the curse words being uttered in various meeting rooms on Capitol Hill and in the White House.

I think there is almost no chance of a filibuster over Alito in the Senate. Something major is going to have to hit the fan for that to happen. Everything that I have seen so far seems to indicate that, while there may be a few contentious moments, sometime in late January or Early February Alito will be confirmed. I think what will be even more interesting is the question of how does the court handle the transition? Timing could all make all the difference in the world on a couple of cases.

As I said before, France has a serious racial/cultural issue to deal with. Systematic racisim/discrimination has led to the "riots" occuring. Not really sure this is so much a roit as it is a bunch of kids torching things becuase they see no other way out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home